Candy Band Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2006

ALMOND JOYS REVIEW OF VERDI'S REQUIEM at Orchestra Hall. I went with 4 friends to the DSO this afternoon. We sat in the 2nd row. This was my first time at a symphony performance. WOW! It was so electric for not being electric. I think what freaked me out the most was the 4 solo vocal performers that sat along either side of the conductor (Charles Burke, you rock!!!). Their voices were so pure - I bet they don't smoke, eat pizza, breathe bad air, have colds, or drink tap water. I have never heard a sound like that come out of a person. I swear I could not breathe for the first 30 minutes of the show. There was a choir with about 150 voices. And I especially loved when the string instruments were "hacking" with their bows quite fast. The music was moving me for sure!! Thank you DSO for being there!!! I love music!!!
xoxo A.Joy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home